Cotopaxi Limited, whose registered office is at West Lancashire Investment Centre, Maple View, White Moss Business Park, Skelmersdale, WN8 9TG, United Kingdom (“Cotopaxi”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), takes the privacy of everyone very seriously. Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) cannot be “certified” as there is no official certification process. However, you can rest assured that we fully satisfy all our obligations under the new regulations.
In this Policy, we set out the basis on which we will handle any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly or indirectly. By visiting our website, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect
Personal data such as name, address, telephone number, email address or other identifying in-formation, will only be collected by us if you provide us with such data voluntarily (e.g. by filling in our contact us form). You can use our website without supplying any personal information
As you browse our website, we may collect information about your visit, not about you personally. We use Google analytics to monitor statistics such as:
- Number of people who visit our website
- Which pages people look at on our website
- The internet browser used to access our website.
None of this information is associated to you personally as an individual, we use these statistics to improve our websites so that it is easier for you and other visitors to use.
A ‘cookie’ is a piece of information stored on your hard drive, which allows web servers to collect information from your visit. This generally includes information such as the internet browser and the operating system used.
Most browsers support Cookies and allow visitors their blocking. You can set your browser so that all Cookies will be rejected or that you will receive a message when a Cookie is being sent.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is only used by us to enable us to provide our products or services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar or unrelated to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves, you have the right to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to advertisers or other organisations; however you have the right to grant us permission to pass this information on to another organisation.
Storing your personal data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for processing and storing. In addition, it may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our associates or suppliers. For example, such staff may be engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Some techniques we employ to protect information include, but not limited to: locked files, user authentication, encryption, firewall technology and the use of detection software.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically. Any transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosing your information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries. These members of our group may be located within and/or outside the EEA.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Whenever your personal information is disclosed relative to the above, we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Third party links
The information we collect and store relating to you is assumed to be complete, accurate and current. You have the right to contact us regarding any changes to or inaccuracies in your data. Upon receiving such contact, we will then take reasonable steps to check this for you and correct it. To do this, you can contact us via the contact details supplied in the “Contacting us” section of this Policy.
Access to information
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information Cotopaxi Limited holds about you contact us using the details provided within the “Contacting us” section of this Policy.
Changes to this policy
We do not have a set timescale for updating this Policy; however any changes we make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. We therefore encourage you to check the date of this Policy whenever you visit our website for any updates or changes.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this Policy and you can do so by contacting us at: email@example.com
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is: FAO Data Controller, Cotopaxi Limited, West Lancashire Investment Centre, Maple View, White Moss Business Park, Skelmersdale, WN8 9TG, United Kingdom